Low Intensity Laser Therapy
- Do you wish to eliminate pain?
- Do you wish to reduce medication and probability of surgery?
- Do you wish to regain range of motion?
- Do you wish to improve your quality of life?
The technology utilizes super-luminous and laser diodes to irradiate diseased or traumatized tissue with photons. These particles of energy are selectively absorbed by the cell membrane and intracellular molecules, resulting in the initiation of a cascade of complex physiological reactions, leading to the restoration of normal cell structure and function.
The process is curative and therefore results in the elimination of symptoms including pain. In addition, it enhances the body’s immune system response and facilitates natural healing.
The therapy is completely safe and has no adverse side effects.
The physiological effects of LILT include an increase in:
- protein building block essential to the process of cell regeneration
- increases tensile strength of muscles, tendons and ligaments
ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
- fuel of the cell required in facilitating cell metabolism
- morphine like substances produced by the body to reduce the sensation of pain
- i.e. macrophages, fibroblasts, lymphocytes, etc.
- immune response
- lymphatic drainage (reduction in edema)
- angiogenesis – formation of new capillaries and arterioles resulting in improved circulation / tissue oxygenation
LILT is the treatment of choice for:
- Ligament/tendon/muscle tears
- Knee dysfunction (Meniscal/ligamentous tears)
Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Tendonitis (supraspinatus/achilles etc.)
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Degenerative Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Stenosis/Sciatica
- Disc Herniation